Wednesday, June 8, 2011

A Big Sigh of Relief

No pictures tonight and I did not write yesterday because I have been frantic about Sage. She and Sage got into a tussle. I think I wrote about it Monday. She got more lame and more lame. This morning I called our vet. She has been so touchy about her hind feet that we could not look. Jed layed her down so her feet could get trimmed and he could look at her rear pasterns. They seem to be just superficial and the kick probably touched a nerve. Her hind feet were so awful I was embarrassed. We got them all trimmed up while she took a nap. The length of her feet was troubling her as well as the kick on her hip. Now it is not so urgent about her hind feet and we can work more getting her used to picking them up. So, you see I am breathing easier. The way she was carrying her foot made me think she had damaged the tendon. I was so afraid last night.

Nothing much else. Just getting ready for our jaunt to Portland to see Uncle Lyle and getting Katie's room straighted up. She likes to come stay and its 5 minutes to her job at Fairchild.

The sunflowers are coming up, the tomatoes are growing and the potato plants are big. Nothing else I have planted is coming up yet but it will. I planted a row of spinach, broccoli, lettuce, green beans after the squashes I planted a week earlier.

Blessings,

1 comment:

  1. What a great vet. I'm glad she's going to be okay. Have fun in Portland! Linda

    ReplyDelete