Thursday, November 28, 2013



Happy Thanksgiving

I fully intended to have pictures for this post but an incident yesterday took care of that.  I had my small camera in my pocket and got on and rode Sage around in the round pen warming her up.  She was perfect AND then we went to ride out of the round pen through the hoop gate.  I did not duck fast enough, hit my head and unseated my self.  Off I went over her rear.  I reached up to try to catch me but I fell to the ground and landed on my ankle.  It is not broken but painful and can not walk well. 

Sage looked around at me like "What are you doing down there?"  Then she went off to eat where she could find some grass still growing.  Bob got to me and I told him to get Sage.  He put her in her stall and by that time I had my boot off.  If I hadn't I don't think I could have.  I did get a pair of lace up boots on today so we can go eat but I won't be walking much. 

Tomorrow, these boots will go back on and if the wind is not blowing a gale I am going to ride rain or snow!!!!  Sage did nothing wrong, this was all my fault.    Lots of ice and Excedrin has got me to this point.

After we eat (we are going out)we are going to go visit some friends.  Lots of invites but we just wanted to do this for once.  Our Spokane kids are all working and could have gone to any number of places but this is our choice this year.

So again, Happy Thanksgiving to all of you.  I am awestruck at the amount of people who read this blog.
Blessings.

1 comment:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving! I hope you wake up tomorrow morning and your ankle feels 100% better. Have a great ride tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete