Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Great Grandma and Aunt Julia


Bless Nikki's little heart. Here is the picture I have been trying to get here for three days. I believe it was taken around 1900. My grandmother had not married yet. Her sister Julia was, I thought the youngest of many children but I may be wrong. She was younger than Grandma. Grandma is the one on the left with the foal standing by the horses side.
To me this is an absolutely heart grabbing picture. My grandma is the one who passed on to me my horse love. It is such a treasure and I am so glad to have at least a copy of it. My sister posted it on Facebook. I had never seen it before.
Special blessings to you Nikki for helping me and special blessings to Sharon for posting it. I love you both (with or without the picture of course).
Blessings to you all

4 comments:

  1. I love the picture. I could see why you wanted to post it so much. It is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness - what a BEAUTIFUL picture! I love it, Lea... Seems horses run in your blood, for sure.

    Thank you so much for sharing. Truly a treasure!

    Farmer

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a unique and wonderful picture, Lea. I wonder if someone has put together a collection of antique horse and women photos--this one should be in such a collection.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful picture! I can see why you were so happy to get a copy of it.

    ReplyDelete