Friday, November 19, 2010

A Cold Day

Not much happening here today. Bob went hunting with a friend who had not gotten his deer yet. Its the last day. I am always glad when hunting season is over.

I did our Thanksgiving shopping today. Did not spend as much as I thought it might be. It will be so good to have our kids here. It does not happen very often that they are all here at once.I wish I could bake pies like Nikki can but I can't so I buy them. I will make a raspberry cobbler also. I can do that.

I was so proud and happy with Sage today. I went in the stall this morning to put her out and she just let me attach the lead rope and lead to the round pen like a lady. And when I went to put her in this evening, the same thing. The chickens were all around the barn door clucking and scratching and she just looked at them and walked through and into her stall. And I gave her the oats and some hay and she was relaxed and happy. I fed her grass hay and when Bob fed the others he gave her some alfalfa. So she was as pleased as punch when he closed the barn up for the night.

Our friend Janet had her surgery today, it went well and she is resting comfortably. Her daughter Eileen called. That is good news.

Blessings.

2 comments:

  1. Glad to read you had a great day with Sage! Sure does help, right?

    Having the entire family over sounds like such a treasure! I can't wait to read all about it!

    Will be keeping Janet in my thoughts. Hopefully, her recovery will be speedy.

    Have a great weekend, Lea!

    Farmer

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made a great pumpkin pie this week - bought the crust and used the recipe on the Libby's pumpkin can. :) Darn good! My mother-in-law had the easiest cobbler recipes and it was wonderful. She made it with canned peaches. I love raspberries but rarely ever get any so your cobbler sounds wonderful to me. I'm sure your family will eat it up! blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete