Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Thankful Tuesday

The ugly porch as it sits today. I hope we can go pick out the windows on Saturday. That should help some don't you think. That and the siding.

Well today is Thankful Tuesday. I intended to write about Christyn but I will do that next week. Today I am thankful for being alive. Tonight I was eating dinner and a piece of baked potatoe went into my windpipe like a plug. I felt it settle in and I started gasping. I could get no air. Bob said my lips were blue and my hands were turning blue when it was over and I was still gasping but getting a little air. Bob did the hymlick (however you spell it) thing. It did not pop out like I thought it was supposed to but dislodged it enough to get a little air. I was losing consiousness, I knew. I really thought I was going to die. Bob was frantic and I was fighting him, just trying to live I guess. It was awful. When I finally got a little air, he had me sit in a chair and lean foreward. I am still coughing and my ribs hurt like heck. I know now why you don't practice on a person.. Bob is so sorry for hurting me but he probably saved my life. So on this Tuesday evening I am thankful to be living.

Until I got dinner, I spent most of the day outside. Lots of stuff for the garbage and lots of stull in the burn pile. AND, Katie and I went for a little ride this afternoon. I rode Pepper because it was Abby's first trail ride with Katie riding and she is a timid rider. I wanted to be on a horse I could pony off of if I needed too. I never have ponied off Dixie. No need anyway, Katie and Abby did great and Pepper and I ambled along enjoying the warm day. We came back and worked a little in the arena. I wanted to get used to sitting a trot decently and to work over some of the poles. Katie followed me on Abby. She went over the logs and bridge and everything I knew that she would. Its Katie, not Abby but she is getting more relaxed.

I am going to try to get into bed and relax. Not a good evening. Bob went to Walla Walla today and he does not have to travel tomorrow. I am glad. Have a wonderful Wednesday. Don't choke on any potatoes.

5 comments:

  1. That is just a wee bit more excitement than anyone should have. I'm so glad you are better...sore but better! How scary though! Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how scary! I'm so glad Bob was there with you and able to get it dislodged.

    Sounds like a wonderful day of riding.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I second Sharon! I'm glad your alive too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's horrible! We just had our experience with that exact thing--you are so lucky Bob was there to help and you got it out. I'm very thankful, too--very sad you had to go through that.

    ReplyDelete