Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Tuesday

Summer is here and its hard to work with the horses in the middle of the day so Sierra got played with this morning and then this evening. She is side passing and that excited me. She will trot when I encourage her along side me but she has got to learn to go slower. Old short legs don't cut it. I have been worrying about how to get her muscled up nicely and had to remind myself that she is not getting enough time to stretch her muscles so its going to be l5 minutes of trotting each way in the round pen. We are doing most of the other work in the arena.

She is eating her grain like mad now. A week ago I was asking how to get her to try it. I gave her extra oats tonight after she trotted for half an hour. Boy when I said whoa and come, she did. Huffing and puffing.

Tomorrow morning Skeeter, my little poodle dynamo goes to get groomed. He is a fuzzy mess right now. I wish they didn't have to have him so early. I am used to sleeping in.

till tomorrow -

No comments:

Post a Comment