Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Thankful Tuesday

Again, same ole same ole -

Today I am most thankful for the love of books and reading. I think I enjoy just about any kind of book. I usually have 2 or three going at different places in the house. At the moment I have a history of the Ococho area of Oregon. It is like reading a history book but am enjoying the series. There are 4 books in the series and I am about half way through the second book. I also just finished a book by Susan Richards. Her first book was Chosen by a Horse. Her memoirs. It is kind of a tear jerker in parts but an enjoyable read. Her second book is Chosen by Life. Its about how writing the first book liberated her. I also just finished recently a book called Born to Ride. It is by a vet here in Washington. An easy read and liked it. Her name is Dr. Leslie Cunningham. Then I have snuck in a Debbie Macomber book and a Danielle Steele book. I keep a book in my purse so I have something to read if I get stuck sitting some place. I think my Aunty Lou got me started reading from the day I knew how. I can not remember not reading. Aunty Lou whose name really was Mary Louise but always Aunty Lou to me. She was severely diabetic and never married so she poured out to her 3 nieces of which I am the oldest.

I went to town today and finished Nikki's birthday present, got Isaac's, both of which are late, but they should know me by now. They always get there eventually. I also went to the used book store and got a months worth of reading. Lane was so patient and a good sport about tagging along with me.

Bonnie came to work with Cody today. We took his halter and drag rope off. We can walk up to him. Bob can and that is a miracle really. He no longer shakes when Bob reaches out to touch him. Now maybe we can start to work with him a little too although Bonnie saddles him and lunges him and long lined him today. We just have to overcome the fear that accosted him with that trainer.

Remember: Learn from the mistakes of others. You can't live long enough to make them all yourself
Eleanor Roosevelt

Have a mistake free Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment